October 27, 2014

MINI REVIEWS | September 2014

It's time for another round of mini reviews, these of books I read in September. I know it's super late but I've finally figured out how to make this look good. I found some code on the internet and played around and this is the result. Now I just have to figure the rating out... Anyway, here are the reviews:



Fire and Flood - Victoria Scott ( Fire and Flood #1)

Such an enjoyable read! It reminded me of The Hunger Games in so many ways that I had a strong urge to re-read THG after finishing this one. It's so good! I really liked the MC: Tella. She made the right decisions, she thought rationally and stood up for herself. She's one of the better main characters I have read so far. Also the writing style made me really enjoy reading this book and made me like Tella even more. So basically: if you haven't already read it, start it now!




Heir of Fire - Sarah J Maas (Throne of Glass #3)

I loved Heir of Fire! I think it was even better than Crown of Midnight because in the second book shit hits the fan near the end of the book while in Heir of Fire you constantly learn new and important things. There is so much character development going on, for all the characters in this book. There was a enough action to keep me satisfied but also the right amount of scenes that were purely 'informational' (if you get what I mean).


                                


The Iron Trial - Holly Black & Cassandra Clare (Magisterium #1)

This was clearly inspired by many other middle-grade and fantasy books but it was still a unique and entertaining story. I thought I knew where this book was going but I couldn't have been more wrong. The Iron Trial made me excited for the rest of this series!




Have you read any of these books?

2 comments:

  1. I LOVED HEIR (oh my god, I totally typed hair?) OF FIRE :D It was so good. I actually really liked those chapters. For some reason I fell in love with that person and I think the story arc is going to be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone seems to have enjoyed Manon's chapters except me haha. I'm still interested in what the witches will bring to the table though!

      Delete

Disclaimer

All photos on this blog are taken by me unless stated otherwise. My photos can't be used without permission. Book covers are from Goodreads or Google. Book summaries are from Goodreads. All books are purchased with my own money.

Credits

Watercolor flowers via angiemakes.com & social media buttons by Pure Imagination.
Powered by Blogger.

BOOKSTAGRAM