September 14, 2014

MINI REVIEWS | August 2014

Today I'll be sharing my thoughts on the majority of the books I've read in August. I didn't write anything down for It's Not Summer Without You by Jenny Han. I don't think I had much to say about it so I kind of forgot to write a review and by the end of the month I completely forgot what I thought about it. Or what it was about. Oops.

Anyway, I thought this was a good idea to start putting all my mini-reviews together in one post. This way you can still find the reviews on my blog and not only on Goodreads. I might not make this a monthly thing, I'm not too sure yet.
We'll Always Have Summer - Jenny Han (Summer #3)


The entire book is about one particular event that's going to happen which I didn't like one bit. I'm not going into detail about what this exactly is because it would kind of spoil it for you. This is book has a beautiful ending though and you find out who Belly picks on the very last page. I wanted more, I admit, but it was still a very nice way of finishing off a series.


Isla and the Happily Ever After - Stephanie Perkins (Anna and the French Kiss #3)
I enjoyed Isla very much although it wasn't as good as the previous two books in my opinion. My favorite will forever be Anna. It was nice being back in Paris, where this trilogy initially started but it didn't feel as magical as it felt in Anna. I also think Josh fell for Isla rather quickly.

All in all a beuatiful end to the trilogy. I enjoyed the scene where they all come together the most out of this entire book.


The Assassin's Curse - Cassandra Rose Clarke (The Assassin's Curse #1)

Loving this series so far. Very excited for the next book because I think a lot will happen in that one. This first book was almost a set-up for the next one.






The Pirate's Wish - Cassandra Rose Clarke (The Assassin's Curse #2)
This duology was a great fantasy read! The world and magic were pretty interesting, though I would have liked to learn a lot more about them. The romance wasn't rushed and the characters were all unique. And by unique I mean they had very different personalities yet they worked great together.

I'd recommend this series to anyone who likes fantasy. Even to people that are new to the genre could enjoy this.



Those were my reviews for the books I read in August. The last three books I read during the read-a-thon. After that I didn't read much more.

How do you like reading mini-reviews like this? Did you read any of these books and if so, what did you think of them?

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic mini reviews, Kaylie! I haven't read any of these yet, but I really need to get my butt into gear and read Isla! The other three are on my TBR too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Read Isla! You won't regret it!

      Delete
  2. I loooove mini reviews. I actually have a post scheduled with a bunch of summer reads that I read while away from blogging. :P I think it's a great way to kind of summarize what you read without having to go into huge detail. Sometimes, I just don't feel like writing a long review on a book so I'll hit some main points and do a ~mini review. It can be soooo much easier! :D

    I really want to read The Assassin's Curse. I loooove fantasy so I need to give that one a shot. I haven't even read Anna and the French Kiss yet...oops...I just don't love contemporary that much so I haven't made it a priority. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly why I like typing mini reviews! The Assassin's Curse is a really enjoyable and fast read. I recommend it if you like fantasy.

      Delete

Disclaimer

All photos on this blog are taken by me unless stated otherwise. My photos can't be used without permission. Book covers are from Goodreads or Google. Book summaries are from Goodreads. All books are purchased with my own money.

Credits

Watercolor flowers via angiemakes.com & social media buttons by Pure Imagination.
Powered by Blogger.

BOOKSTAGRAM