February 10, 2014

BOOK REVIEW | Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas


Basic information
Title: Crown of Midnight (Goodreads)
Auhtor: Sarah J. Maas (Website | Twitter)
Series: Throne of Glass #2
Genre: ya fiction, high-fantasy
Published by: Bloomsbury Childrens in August 2013

Eighteen-year-old Celaena Sardothien is bold, daring and beautiful – the perfect seductress and the greatest assassin her world has ever known. But though she won the King’s contest and became his champion, Celaena has been granted neither her liberty nor the freedom to follow her heart. The slavery of the suffocating salt mines of Endovier that scarred her past is nothing compared to a life bound to her darkest enemy, a king whose rule is so dark and evil it is near impossible to defy. Celaena faces a choice that is tearing her heart to pieces: kill in cold blood for a man she hates, or risk sentencing those she loves to death. Celaena must decide what she will fight for: survival, love or the future of a kingdom. Because an assassin cannot have it all . . . And trying to may just destroy her.


Review

Let’s make one thing clear: there is nothing you can say or do that will change my opinion on this book. I can’t even imagine that there COULD be negativity about this, that’s just impossible. I am completely over the moon about this book. Over the entire series actually. Also: I have never seen such a high rating an ANY book on Goodreads I ever checked out. Just look at it!

There aren’t many books I’ve read that are action-packed like it’s no ones business but Crown of Midnight made it onto that list. You’re thrown into it from the very first page and throughout the book I don’t think there was a single moment that I was even remotely close to bored. I loved every aspect of the book: the mystery, the action, the romance, the political intrigue, everything.

I heard that this book would be better than the first one, Throne of Glass, but I had a hard time believing that. I was already crazy about how good that first book was, it couldn’t be possible that the sequel could get even better, right? Yeah right, Throne of Glass might have blown my socks off, Crown of Midnight did much more than that. Gosh, the plot twists in this one are even better than in the first book (because I saw them coming in ToG).


Almost forgot to talk about the characters. I think Celaena has changed a lot since the beginning. I feel like since she’s back to being an assassin, she’s back to doing what she’s good at. There’s also character development on Dorian’s side. He’s getting more interesting while Chaol just stays much the same. He has a more important role in Crown of Midnight but I think we’ll have to wait until the third book to see more from his side.

I realize this book review is more of a rave-fest but I honestly cannot contain my excitement over this series. Can we have Heir of Fire already pleeeaaaase?



Follow this potterhead on Bloglovin' | Twitter | Goodreads | YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

All photos on this blog are taken by me unless stated otherwise. My photos can't be used without permission. Book covers are from Goodreads or Google. Book summaries are from Goodreads. All books are purchased with my own money.

Credits

Watercolor flowers via angiemakes.com & social media buttons by Pure Imagination.
Powered by Blogger.

BOOKSTAGRAM