December 14, 2013

BOOK REVIEW | Allegiant by Veronica Roth



Basic information
Title: Allegiant (Goodreads)
Author: Veronica Roth (Website)
Series: Divergent #3
Genre: ya fiction, dystopian, action
Published by: Katherine Tegen in October 2013

The faction-based society that Tris Prior once believed in is shattered—fractured by violence and power struggles and scarred by loss and betrayal. So when offered a chance to explore the world past the limits she’s known, Tris is ready. Perhaps beyond the fence, she and Tobias will find a simple new life together, free from complicated lies, tangled loyalties, and painful memories.
 But Tris’s new reality is even more alarming than the one she left behind. Old discoveries are quickly rendered meaningless. Explosive new truths change the hearts of those she loves. And once again, Tris must battle to comprehend the complexities of human nature—and of herself—while facing impossible choices about courage, allegiance, sacrifice, and love.




This review will most definitely contain spoilers and if you haven’t read Allegiant yet I strongly suggest you don’t click the ‘read more’ button. I don’t want to be the one ruining the book for you, so please don’t read the spoiler section.

Going into this book I had no idea what to expect. I was quite early and there wasn’t much fuzz about it yet. Unfortunately it took me a long time to read this book (not because it’s bad but because of just – slow reading) and while reading it, all the reviews and discussions started popping up. People saying ‘it’s so sad!’ and ‘it’s what needed to happen’ made me suspicious and eager to continue reading this book. I can’t say I was spoiled, more like encouraged. I had some theories on what would be going down but in the end I was dead wrong. That pun wasn’t intended.

I had no clue what to expect so naturally my expectations weren’t immensely high. I’m satisfied with the ending though it’s incredibly sad. Of course the chances of a happy ending in these kinds of dystopian societies isn’t high, so I wasn’t really expecting one.

All your favorite and less favorite characters are there and they’re still going through character development. There are also some new ones that will play a big role in the rest of the story. The pace of the book is okay. I thought there was a lot of action and that there weren’t so much ‘pauses’ that felt pointless.

It’s maybe not what most of you (will) expect of the book but it’s still a good ending. I’m satisfied. Veronica Roth is still one of my favorite authors. I will still recommend this trilogy to anyone who’s looking for an action packed dystopian.



Follow this potterhead on Bloglovin' | Twitter | Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

All photos on this blog are taken by me unless stated otherwise. My photos can't be used without permission. Book covers are from Goodreads or Google. Book summaries are from Goodreads. All books are purchased with my own money.

Credits

Watercolor flowers via angiemakes.com & social media buttons by Pure Imagination.
Powered by Blogger.

BOOKSTAGRAM