November 14, 2012

BOOK REVIEW | The Fault in Our Stars by John Green


Basic information
Title: The Fault in Our Stars (Goodreads)
Author: John Green (Website)
Genre: contemporary
Published: January 2012


Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten.

Review
To make it to my list of ‘omg-best-book-ever-my-life-is-complete’-list the book has to either:
- provoke sobbing/crying/bawling
- have a different and interesting plot
- create the urge to not stop reading and eventually make me spend my day with a book and with only a few food pauses
- have characters with a strong personality and a complicated life

People told me this was a sad book. However, I wasn’t sad until the very last pages. I laughed a few times when I read the book because there is also humor in there. It’s not a light-weight, absolutely not, so it might not be for everyone. But if you love a good story, read it. It’s hard to really explain how I feel about this, mainly because my English lexis  isn’t too great but also because this book is perfection and I don’t know what else to say about it.

You should read it. Just do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

All photos on this blog are taken by me unless stated otherwise. My photos can't be used without permission. Book covers are from Goodreads or Google. Book summaries are from Goodreads. All books are purchased with my own money.

Credits

Watercolor flowers via angiemakes.com & social media buttons by Pure Imagination.
Powered by Blogger.

BOOKSTAGRAM