April 24, 2012

BOOK REVIEW | Fallen by Lauren Kate



Basic information
Title: Fallen
Author: Lauren Kate
Series: Fallen #1
Genre: young adult, paranormal
Published by: Delacorte Press in 2009


What if the person you were meant to be with could never be yours?
17-year-old Lucinda falls in love with a gorgeous, intelligent boy, Daniel, at her new school, the grim, foreboding Sword & Cross . . . only to find out that Daniel is a fallen angel, and that they have spent lifetimes finding and losing one another as good & evil forces plot to keep them apart.

Get ready to fall . . .



Another book I finished in such a short time: 2days! Usually I read a book in a week...

I love the lovestory, how tragic it is. It's true: it's a pretty predictable book even though I didn't expect it from some of the characters to turn out to be the bad guy. If I look at it now I feel a bit dumb but okay. There is constantly dialogue going on (like!). I hate books where it takes a few chapters before the characters actually start talking. There is a lot of action as well. Sometimes I was annoyed by the choices Luce made though. Gurl, open your eyes, use your brain and walk the hell away...

I feel like the story would be less predictable if the first chapters from the 1800's would be left out but it is also an important part in the book so I don't really know what to think about that.

And can I talk about the cover here?! It's one of the most beautiful covers I have seen in my life! So much emotion is showing. It's like the story is told just through it's cover. I've seen the covers of the other books in this series (which btw I'm excited to read next!) and they look just as beautiful.

I don't really like the ending though. I don't know why but it feels like it's out of place, not fitting. Maybe because throughout the whole book there was only one setting: Sword & Cross? I don't know.

I feel like I might like this book just as much as Divergent but this one was more predictable while Divergent kept slapping me in the face with new twists. I'm debating whether I'd give it 4 or 5 stars and just because of the predictableness I might just give it a 4 out of 5.

I'd recommend it to anyone who likes YA books, though I'd warn you: if you are very religious, this book might offend you. It's a dark story, so if you're not into that, don't read Fallen.

This is the end of my extremely positive and long review on Fallen by Lauren Kate. I hope you enjoyed it and learned something from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

All photos on this blog are taken by me unless stated otherwise. My photos can't be used without permission. Book covers are from Goodreads or Google. Book summaries are from Goodreads. All books are purchased with my own money.

Credits

Watercolor flowers via angiemakes.com & social media buttons by Pure Imagination.
Powered by Blogger.

BOOKSTAGRAM